Criminal Damage to Property (2017/08/17)
During the last two months, the Town of Taos has experienced an increase in Criminal Damage to Property cases. We would very much like to solve these cases and hold the perpetrator(s) accountable. If you have any knowledge of the person or persons responsible for the damage in these cases please contact Taos County Crime Stoppers at 758-HALT (4258), our mobile app. P3 Tips or our website; www.TaosCountyCrimeStopper.org.
- Between June 29 and July 5 someone shot through the business windows at 107 Paseo del Pueblo Norte. Case # 1707T0149
- Between July 15 and 16 someone broke a window at Coffee Cats located at 124-F Bent Street (see photo). Case # 1707T0453
- On August 1st someone threw a rock through a window at the Taos Youth and Family Center. Case # 1708t0007
- During the early morning hours of August 2nd someone pried open and broke the front door of Tuesday Morning located at 105 Camino de la Placita. This appears to be an attempted burglary. Case # 1708T0048
- On August 2nd damage was discovered to a silver, 2015 Ford Explorer which was parked in the parking lot of the NM Public Health Department located at 1400 Weimer Road. Case # 1708T0059
- During the early morning hours of August 5th, it was discovered that the manager of the Taos Men`s Shelter`s car windshield had been deliberately smashed using a concrete block. The car is a green, 4 door, 1996 Subaru Outback Legacy. Case # 1708T0141
- Between August 12 and 13 someone damaged a wood and metal bench outside of the Mission Gallery located at 138 Kit Carson Road. Case # 1708T0361
- On August 14th between 2:30 pm and 2:45 pm someone damaged a white, 4 door, 2017, Subaru Utility TL which was parked in the south portion of the parking lot. The damage appeared to have been deliberately caused by someone dragging a sharp object along both the driver`s side and passenger side of the vehicle. The vehicle`s temporary license plate had been stolen. Case # 1708T0400
Once again, if you have any information which would help us solve these cases please call the Taos Police Department at 758-2216, of to remain ANONYMOUS contact Taos County Crime Stoppers and leave up a TIP.
Criminal Damage to Porperty (2017/05/19)
Taos Police Department Case #1705T0457, Criminal Damage to Property.
Sometime during the overnight hours of May 18th -19th a person or persons unknown slashed 18 commercial truck tires in the parking area of Rio Grande Propane located at 320 Paseo del Pueblo Sur. The owner estimates the damage to his property to be about $10,000.
Investigators with the Taos Police Department are seeking any information which would lead to the identity of the person or persons responsible for this criminal act. Messages can be left for Officer LeEvan Sanchez at 758-2216 or to remain anonymous, call Taos County Crime Stoppers at 758-HALT (4258) or leave a Tip online at www.TaosCountyCrimeStoppers.org or use our mobile app; P3 Tips.
Arson of a Motor Vehicle (2017/02/13)
On Saturday night, February 11, 2017, at approximately 9:00 pm an unknown person or persons intentionally set fire to this truck. This arson occurred at 1355 State Road 75 in Penasco, NM. If you have information which would lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for this crime please call the Taos County Sheriff`s Department at 575-737-6480. Or, to remain ANONYMOUS call Taos County Crime Stoppers at 575-758-HALT (4258) or click the "Give A Tip" button on the left side of this page. You can also leave an ANONYMOUS TIP using our secure mobile app "P3 Tips" from your iPhone or Android phone.
Armed Robbery (2016/12/20)
At approximately 8:38 pm on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 officers of the Taos Police Department, New Mexico State Police and Taos County Sheriff`s Department responded to an Armed Robbery at the Dollar General store located at 1531 Paseo del Pueblo Sur.
Upon arrival, officers learned that 3 armed male suspects quickly entered the store brandishing handguns. All 3 were large males wearing dark pants, dark hoodies, gloves and masks.
Suspect #1 appeared to be wearing a (possibly green camouflage) bandana type mask, he had on a white shirt under his hoodie and wore white tennis shoes. He was armed with what appeared to be a white or silver semi-automatic handgun and wore greenish gloves.
Suspect #2, the largest of the 3, appeared to be wearing dark blue pants, black shoes, a Halloween type mask and possibly blue exam gloves. He brandished a black semi-automatic handgun.
Suspect #3 also wore a dark hoodie with what appears to be some type of black cloth over his face. His pants were too long and were frayed on the bottoms, partially covering his dark color tennis shoes. He was armed with a stainless steel revolver and wore black gloves.
All 3 suspects were right handed and they were in and out of the store in less than 1 minute. Only a small amount of cash was taken and no one was injured.
If you have any information about the individuals who committed this Armed Robbery please contact the Taos Police Department at 575-758-2216, or to remain anonymous call Taos County Crime Stoppers at 575-758-HALT (4258) or click the "Help Solve this Crime" button below. You may be eligible to earn a Reward of up to $1,000.